Can i use a server as my personal computer?

Favorite Answer

yes you can there is no problem except maintenance of that, which may include electricity,cooling etc etc.

So keep in mind these things.

Good luck!!!

There are dozens of types of servers. A server is a computer used for a specific task. Some servers could be useful for personal use. Like for me I have a file server and it stores all of the files from all of my computer on the network.

You could but it is a bit overkill.

Kind of like driving a semi to the grocery store to get a gallon of milk.

Most servers are built to be pretty bullet proof. That means dual power supplies, integrated lights-out management etc...Stuff that is there for making sure the system is up and working 24/7.

Most personal computers dont have a requirement for those types of features. And those features also come with a pretty hefty price tag and power consumption. Something else to consider.

If you can get a server for home use they are pretty nice for NFS or if you really want to run your own web server or something that your going to have up and running all the time.

Just my $.02

yes you can if you can afford one and have space for it buy its super quick.