Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 decade ago

Question about recycling?

Is glass good to recycle?

I know plastic isn't and al cans are..

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Glass is one of the few commonly used materials that can be repeatedly recycled without losing quality. Most plastics can be recycled, but they lose quality, this is called down cycling. Check out www.earth911.org there is a lot of info about how and what to recycle. The site will also help you locate a local recycle center.

• 1 decade ago

Glass is def. okay to recycle! You should recycle as much and as often as you can!! If you live in the city your town probably has a recycling route. You can go to their website and they should have a list of all the things they accept!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes of course Glass is very recyclable. It has to be separated according to the colors before crushed for recycling.

Here is a knol on that

http://knol.google.com/k/guna-nadar/the-guide-to-r...

• 1 decade ago

Just about anything (and probably everything) can be recycled one way or another. You don't need to just toss it into a bin to call it recycled. Think about it, be creative. I like to do what I call precylcling: don't buy into the excessive packaging, wrapping, advertising, BS that so many product have. If you don't buy it you won't have to worry about disposal.

Source(s): www.oraclegreen.tv
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

glass, plastic, paper and al cans can b recycled. scrap metal too.

• 1 decade ago

Glass is one of the best things to recycle. Here's an article that gives you 21 and information on how to do it.

http://www.coopamerica.org/pubs/caq/articles/21Thi...

• bri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Actually much plastic is good for recycling - it can be melted down and remoulded into new products.

Glass also can be melted down and remoulded into new products. Most bottle/glass banks ask you to separat coloured glass from clear.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.