Yahoo Man asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Yankee fans, what is your opinion on the Kyle Farnesworth-Ivan Rodriguez trade?

• Favorite Answer

I WANT PUDGE BACK!

I love it.

Farnsworth has been good of late, but he has always been kinda streaky and unpredictable as a yankee. Plus, we have 2 or 3 guys that are just as good as him to set up Rivera now. He was a player we could part with. Veras, in the 7th, and Rameriez/Marte in the 8th.

And as far as the Farnsworth and his career, this is actually a boost for him. He has a chance to go back to closing games now. Instead of a 7th or 8th inning guy as he was on the yanks.

And getting pudge will add offense to a position that really needs it. Molina is a great defensive catcher, but basically an automatic out of the plate.

I never rated Farnesworth to tell you the truth and there used to be a time when I thought Jorge was only rivaled by Ivan as far as catchers went. I can take it or leave it. Anything to help the team, but Molina has really impressed me this season.

Ivan Rodriguez is cool but Fransworth was just starting to be good, man i feel sorry for Farnsworth don't you

seam like a good trade posadas hurt go for it

I want Farnsworth back!

SHOCKED