Does this, or does this not promote racism/segregation?

I work at a place where we are always researching districts/schools websites and I am finding things like this more and more common. This was literally copied and pasted from a district’s website! Is it just me, or does this not teach the children by example that segregation is ok?

AFRICAN-AMERICAN PARENT COMMITTEE

We now have a Web page for announcements and information related to the African-American Parent Committee meetings and activities. Please click on "District 20", then "Parent Connections" and then "AAPC" right below the "Parent Connections". Thank you.

Me: I am half hispanic (mom's side)...so I understand fully what you are talking about! However...........

31 year old half breed

Favorite Answer

fgddfgs

It's not racism or segregation IF it's started or was thought of and requested by African American parents. There are MANY MANY issues I went through in school that my white friends had no inkling about. It sounds like a support group. It sounds fine with me.

Have you watched the entire series of CNN's Black In America? It's oh so true. I guess when you've been called a ******, a monkey, laughed and called ugly because you weren't white/hispanic you'll understand better. When you get pulled over CONSTANTLY by the police because your man's driving your 2008 Chrysler 300, you'll understand...

I would like to join such a committee if it existed in my daughter's school. They have one but its bilingual, and most of the time their speaking spanish and forget about the rest. I just stopped going... I was getting no where being in it it seemed.

Source(s): A 25 year old African American mother of an 8 year old
  • Neal B

Given that African American could not even vote until 1962, I think any and all support groups for African Americans are by definition none segregationist. In my opinion they should form a militia.

The black church is the forming of there own Melita. African American an artificial comunist.