amin asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

pushups everyday ?

I am working out since 4 month ago. I'm thinking to do 20 push ups every morning. You think this will help to get in shape faster?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i took a similar approach, i used to do about 50 pushups a night for more than a year.

unfortunately this is uneffective.

muscle growth works like this.

during muscle exercise, muscle fibre is torn (this is good) it means your body repairs itself, and then adds a bit more than what was there before to compensate for the increased stress.

doing the same exercise every night will not keep making the body compensate as it doesnt need to change to suit any more intense exercise.

it sounds strange that muscles are like an intelligent organism but to an extent they are.

they will only keep building themselves if you SHOCK them. the same thing daily is not a shock and they will not compensate.

the only way that you can shock them is with more intensity, or different chest workouts. i suggest you try both.

• 1 decade ago

A lot of lifters will say that you that you need to work out really hard then rest that muscle group for 3 days min. If you are already in shape and mass is your primary goal then yes it's better to cycle train. Push ups are a solid exercise and you can get good results for your chest shoulders and tri's. Just increase the number you do as you get stronger. As long as you aren't over-training (muscle are still really sore after 3 days of completely stopping) it certainly won't hurt and it's easy to do.

• 1 decade ago

Push-ups everyday would be more bad than good. Your body has to have time to heal, but depending on what your trying to accomplish push-ups may not be for you at all. there are two types of muscle fibers type 1 and 2. Push-ups activate type 2 fibers which are considered endurance fibers. If your looking for endurance instead of size and strength do the push-ups just give your body time to heal. do the push-ups every other day; however, if you looking for size and strength your going to have to invest in a weight bench, and read up on nutrition because push-ups will not help one bit.

• 1 decade ago

No. Just doing 20 might not be good. Start of with 20 then if you're feeling better start working up to more and more. After about a week, you can go for 1 more each day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

most likely in recreation you wish to have forty eight hours to relaxation every frame aspect after coaching it . Although the army makes you do push americaevery day , You additionally do push-americaevery day for the duration of such a lot physical games practices and alot individuals in prison do them every day. So it's controversial , however in my official opinion I could say circular your recreation movements so that you recreation all frame elements and awareness on one or 2 frame elements an afternoon , in an effort to percentage your muscle tissues and enable your frame elements to rst 24 to forty eight hours as wanted . If you don't have entry to weight this is a couple of frame weight sporting events and the muscle tissues they coach pushups - chest , triceps Dips - triceps pullups - again and biceps squats- thighs burpies -(begin from squat positon and soar as top as viable) works your complete legs crunches higher abs leg lifts lessen abs trunk twist obliques

• 1 decade ago

you might gain a couple of mucles....but you need more than just 20 push ups a day to get in shape faster

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea it will improve your fitness slightly im sure you will learn to do more pushups over time, if your aiming to get pecs though that is a different story, to get pecs you need a huge chest and pushups just cant do that as you need to be doing heavy weight low reps so weight training is absolutely compulsory, you dont actually say you want pecs though you just want to be in shape so yea it should improve your fitness to a degree but not much.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey I'm doing the same thing and so far i have been seeing a lot of progress. but your going to have to do more then just that, also do curl ups and jumping jacks! trust me:)

• 1 decade ago

you left out back biceps traps abs legs

try a variety of exercises

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea it might giver them more endurance, they may b more cut, but u wont get bigger.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.