How do I get people to call me by a different name?

I want people to call me Grace. But my real name is completely different. Let's say it's Natalie (not really, but for security purposes let's just pretend). I will be moving to a completely new place in the fall, where nobody will know what people have called me for all of my life. I will be changing my name, but I can not do that right now, and it may be as much as four years until I can legally change it.

How do I explain to people why my name is written down as Natalie, but most people call me Grace? Do I say that when I was little, there were three Natalies in my grade, and people started calling me Grace to avoid confusion? Or should I keep it short and kind of a mystery, just saying, "Natalie is my real name but people just call me Grace."

How do I explain my new name, though? That's my question. Sorry, I know it's a little long-winded, I just wanted to explain my circumstances to people.

Favorite Answer

My real name is Verna. It's on my birth certificate. I was nicknamed Susie early in life and as an adult call me Sue. Of you want to be called Grace, let people know. No need to explain anything.

• Just tell people that you are called Grace even though your real name is Nathalie. Short and simple.

Babe, tell them it's your middle name and you would prefer if they use your ''middle name''.

Keep it short and sweet, you really don't need to go into any details as to what you would prefer to be called. Unless that person is so nosey and can't except what you're saying, but I think that should be good enough.

Just keep reminding everyone to call you Grace.

You don't need to explain it. Just tell them that's what you want to be known as.

ask them to call you grace!

if they stll dont, dont talk to them!

hahahaha!

and everytime that you need to introduce yourself, tell "my friends call me grace" and keep reminding them that that is ur nickname!

~have a nice day!~

Every time somebody calls you by your real name go "who the hell is that" and spit in there face. that wopudl get my point across !