Which is your personal definition of respect ?

Favorite Answer

Having the courage and wisdom to treat people well, even when our emotions and irrational thoughts want us not to.

Having charcter within myself: the essentially good (not perfect, I stress) demeanour i show to others mirrors who I am when I am alone and accountable only to me.

I believe respect does have connotations for getting good treatment in return, but i don't feel the need to expect it, most of the time, just so long as I am happy with my own behaviour.

Respect is thinking about what you say before you say it and how will it affect other people.

Not everyone deserves respect. I think it is totally justifiable to be disrespectful to an offensive person, although people differ in their views on what is offensive and what isn't.

The least common denominator for healthy social relations.

Ordering a BigMac at Burger King....

and getting it!

esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability.

Action from knowing that there is no greater wisdom than kindness.

Source(s): A treasured fortune cookie.

Treating other people in the way you want to be treated yourself.