Art schools in France?

I am looking for an art school in France but it is hard to find what I need because I have to search through tons of schools that only offer short courses.

I am looking for a full 4 year degree. I am interested stuff like sculpting, metal work, architecture, CG art, 2D art, ect.

It also needs to be one of the less expensive schools as I don't have $20k sitting around.

Does anyone know a school that fit these requirements?

I would also be interested in a masters if there is school that offers it.

I would be willing to move to any town but would prefer somewhere with lower cost of living.

Favorite Answer

i'm french and it would be easiest to help you if you tell in which town u'd like to come?

ps : http://www.ecoles-arts.com/ go on this website

First off, you should visit France for a few months before deciding to attend school there or 'live there for the rest' of your life. If you plan on living near Paris, room and board will most likely end up being the same cost or more then your tuition. A very well known art school in Paris is Parsons. Its hard for me to take your question seriously for you're very unrealistic, but if you are serious about moving yourself there one day I would highly suggest being open to the entire country of France, not just Paris and realizing life goes beyond high school, so stop thinking the people who you are in relationships now are very unlikely to be in your future.

There are a lot of different schools, and none of them are as expensive as even the cheaper schools in the US.

First, the ENS (ecoles nationales superieures) which are all over France. If you're interested in Paris, then there are three ENS, de beaux arts, d'arts decoratifs, and d'arts industriels.

The diploma you want is a DNAP; Diplome national d'arts plastiques, or the DNSEP; Diplome national superieur d'expression artistique, I think; so don't look for courses, but rather one of those two diplomas.

Look for schools in cities that you want to go to; I think that the biggest ones are :

Ecole superieur d'art d'Aix en Provence

Ecole des beaux arts de Bordeaux

Ecole superieur des beaux arts de Marseille

Ecole Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Montpellier Agglomeration

Ecole regionale des Beaux-Arts de Nantes

Ecole superieure d'art et de design de Reims

Ecole regionale des Beaux-Arts de Rennes

Ecole regionale des Beaux-Arts de Rouen

Ecole superieure art & design de Saint-Étienne

But there are a lot more I've heard of

I hope this helps, good luck with your search