mikki080 asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

I need a nice and easy recipe for dinner!! - Whats your favorite?

My husband's 26th birthday is today and with us having a 6 month old baby, it's kind of hard to keep intimate and close like we used to be. So I want to have a nice dinner with him tonight....nothing too hard, I'm not the greatest cook in the world! LOL He really likes spaghetti...but we just had that last night so something new, easy, and GOOD please!

Whats your favorite recipe?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

lean roast about 3-4 lbs.

cream of mushroom soup lg. can

pk of Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Potatoes , skin off whole

carrots, skin off whole

wrap in alumn foil and preheat oven at 350 degrees and bake 1hour per pound.

This will make the most moist delicious tender meat, gravy and potatoes and carrots that are just right.

Have salad and fresh homemade bread and butter and perfect birday cake

The clean up...........just wrap up the foil and throw it away..........no dishes.........

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I've done baked unsplit boneless chicken breasts that are heart shaped. I used to get the unsplit breasts all the time, you may have to ask your butcher for it special. If you can't find the unsplit breasts you can do this with regular breasts as well. In the bottom of a covered dish combine 2 Tb good quality olive oil, pepper and salt. You can also add a little lemon juice or white wine and a touch of rosemary if you like, but for romance I'd avoid garlic unless you're both big garlic lovers. Add chicken and turn a couple times to coat. Cover and bake about 45 minutes. Serve with a baked potato, steamed veges and a green salad. This is a nice light dinner so you won't be to full for a luscious dessert or ..er..romantic activity. Strawberry shortcake might be fun...you could have it in bed later! Of course you'll also want some nice wine, have two or three bottles on hand. And candlelight, throughout the house. Don't use scented candles in the kitchen or dining room, they'll interfere wtih the taste of the food.

• 1 decade ago

That is so funny. I just had pork loin chops with a cream of mushroom sauce cassarole. Here s what u do. bread and brown the chops. In a glass baking dish mix cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup milk, choped carrots, and chopped potaotes. add garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste and a little bit of grated cheese if you want. mix it all together. next, take the chops from the pan and put them in the soup mix/ veggie mixture. make sure the sauce covers the chops. splinkle fried onions, ( like the kind you see on green bean cassarole), on top and bake in the oven for 35- 40 minutes on 375. When the potatoes are soft it is done. you do not need to cever it when bakling. If you want you can omit the potatoes and either make mashed potatoes or rice. serve with salad and rolls. It is also a great left over. good luck

p.s if u don't eat pork u can use chicken. it works well too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi

This is very easy to make. If you dont have the giant pasta shells just use any other type of pasta. For the photo of the food check the link.

Giant Pasta shells filled with Onion, Spinach and Ricotta.

Ingredients:

* 20 Giant Pasta Shells

* 400 can cooked Spinach

* 1 Onion, finely chopped

* 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped

* 200 g Ricotta

* 1/2 tsp Turmeric

* 1 tbsp Olive Oil

* Basic Tomato sauce to Serve

Method:

* Cook pasta shells in a pan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes until al dente, then drain and set aside.

* Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry onion and garlic for 8 minutes with turmeric until golden.

* Drain the spinach and chop before mixing with onion mixture and ricotta in a bowl.

* Fill each pasta shells with 1 tsp of spinach mixture and lay them on a baking tray.

* Cook the shells in the oven on 200 C/ Gas mark 6 for 5 minutes.

* Serve the shells with basic tomato sauce.

Good luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is VERy delicious;

Fried Chicken with Creamy Gravy

1/2 cup milk

1 egg, beaten

1 cup all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons garlic salt

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces

3 cups vegetable oil

1 cup chicken broth

1 cup milk

In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup milk and egg. In a resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, garlic salt, paprika, pepper and poultry seasoning. Place chicken in bag, seal, and shake to coat. Dip chicken in milk and egg mixture, then once more in flour mixture. Reserve any remaining flour mixture.

In a large skillet, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place coated chicken in the hot oil, and brown on all sides. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking chicken until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet, and drain on paper towels.

Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the frying oil. Over low heat, stir in 2 tablespoons of the reserved flour mixture. Stirring constantly, cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken stock, scraping browned bits off bottom of skillet. Stir in 1 cup milk, and bring all to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately with the chicken.

Serves 8.

^^^^^^^^^^^

You can even make mashed potatoes and mix some of the gravy with the potatoes, it's great. or at least I love it! :P

I'm sure you will too,

Enjoy!

• 1 decade ago

Baked ziti! Its delicious - I make it for my boyfriend often and he LOVES it. Its extremely easy:

INGREDIENTS

1 pound dry ziti pasta (I usually use rigatoni's though)

1 onion, chopped (I substitute dry onion flakes)

1 pound lean ground beef

2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I use Prego with mushrooms in it, they make it so much tastier!)

6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced

1 1/2 cups sour cream

6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.

In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.

Now, just get a babysitter and have a romantic birthday dinner for your man! ;) Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Do you still need help with this..since his b'day is over? If you want get ahold of me. I have lots of easy delicious recipes I would share with you. Cooking is my passion and normal career!

• 1 decade ago

here are some ideas

cheesy chicken and rice casserole (my super picky boyfriend and kids all love this-gobble it right up!!)

http://www.campbellkitchen.com/SpecialtySiteRecipe...

chicken croissants (another easy one that doesn't last in our house)

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1739,154184-234198...

tuna noodle casserole (really easy and filling)

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,178,141187-243199,...

easy salsbury steak (serve w/brown rice and steamed broccoli)

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1927,134187-242194...

chicken terayki

4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts

brown rice (or white)

cooking oil

sauce:

1/3c soy sauce

2 tbsp olive oil

1 clove garlic minced

1 tsp ginger

1 tsp honey

1 tsp brown sugar

1-2 tbsp flour

1c chicken broth (or more if wanted)

cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook w/oil in skillet.

in bowl combine all ingredients except flour and add to chicken. heat to boiling. turn heat down to medium and slowly add flour until sauce is at desired thickness. serve over rice and w/steamed veggies

white chili (my 7 year old daughter's favorite)

2 cans chicken broth

3 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces

1 can diced green chilis

2 cans great white northern beans

1 can corn

optional (shell pasta already cooked)

add everything to a crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours. if you don't have a crockpot you can use a large pot on the stove-just cook it on medium for a few hours and keep an eye on it.

happy birthday to your hubby!!

• 1 decade ago

He likes spaghetti! Perfect. I'm sure he won't mind it two nights running like this.

This is intended for blokes who can't cook very well making a meal for wives or girlfriends, but the basic rules still apply.

The starter can be made in advance. The main course does have to be cooked at the time, but you can prepare the ingredients in advance, it doesn’t take long and it allows you to show off your culinary skills. The dessert can be "taken elsewhere", if you know what I mean, or even dispensed with completely.

For a wine, I recommend a Soave, or a good quality Pinot Grigio.

The starter is a simple mozzarella cheese and tomato salad. The original recipe uses sliced onion as well but, under the circumstances, I‘ve left this out. You can make this in advance, cover it with cling film and keep it in the fridge.

MOZZARELLA SALAD

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS

100g packet of Mozzarella cheese

1 large beef tomato

1 small bunch of fresh basil

2 tablespoons of olive oil

Ground pepper to taste

METHOD

Open the pack of cheese and drain off the liquid. Wash the tomato. Wash and chop the basil.

Cut the cheese into an equal number of slices. Cut off the top and bottom off of the tomato, and then cut it into an equal number of slices.

Arrange the cheese and tomato on two small plates, overlapping the slices. Sprinkle on some of the chopped basil. Dribble on the olive oil. Season with the pepper.

ADDITIONS & ALTERNATIVES

Add some stoned olives. Ideally, you should use extra virgin olive oil for salads. However, if you only have the normal stuff, you can use that instead.

Serve with ciabatta or focaccia bread.

The main course is one of my favourites, tagliatelle with smoked salmon in a cream sauce. I don’t know of any other dish, which gives such a luxurious result yet only uses so few simple ingredients.

SMOKED SALMON TAGLIATELLE (TAGLIATELLE AL SALMONE AFFUMICATO)

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS

125g pack of smoked salmon

2 cloves of garlic

1 onion

1 tablespoon of olive oil

1 tablespoon of flour

150ml carton of single cream

1 teaspoon of mixed herbs

At least 300ml of water

¼ of a teaspoon of salt

200g of tagliatelle

Ground pepper to taste

METHOD

Cut the smoked salmon into 2cm (1 inch) pieces. Peel the garlic and chop it into tiny pieces. Peel the onion and chop it into tiny pieces.

Put the oil into a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes until the onion has gone soft. Stir frequently to stop it sticking. Add the flour and stir until it has absorbed the oil and juices in the pan. Add the cream, herbs and smoked salmon. Stir and cook for about a minute until it has made a smooth sauce.

Put the water and salt into a saucepan on a medium heat. Bring to the boil. Add the pasta. Stir it to stop it sticking to the bottom of the pan. Bring back to the boil and continue to cook. Stir frequently to stop it sticking. (Memorise and use this phrase: ‘Gli spaghetti amano la compagnia’, which is Italian for ‘spaghetti loves company’.)

Begin testing it about 2 minutes before the packet instructions say it should be done. The best way to judge if pasta is cooked is to bite it. This is tricky, because if you fish out a bit and stick in your mouth you may burn your mouth on the boiling water. Wait a bit and blow on it, then bite it. If it is hard it needs longer. If it is chewy (or ‘al dente’, Italian for ‘to the teeth’) it is ready. If it is soft it is overcooked.

Drain the pasta in a sieve or colander.

Put the pasta in the pan with the sauce and stir together until thoroughly coated. (Explain to your partner that this is because an Italian would always ‘bring the pasta to the sauce, not just plonk a dollop of sauce on top of the pasta. At this point, your status as a domestic god should be pretty well guaranteed.)

Season with the pepper. Sprinkle on a little more of the chopped fresh basil.

ADDITIONS & ALTERATIONS

Use crème fraîche instead of the cream.

The half cream, half green mixed tagliatelle (called ‘paglia e fieno’, or ‘straw and hay’) looks really good with this sauce. (It also gives you yet another Italian phrase to drop into the conversation.)

Serve with some more ciabatta or focaccia bread.

TIPS

If you use enough water, add the pasta when the water is boiling, stir the pasta frequently and don’t wander off (Remember, ‘Gli spaghetti amano la compagnia’, or ‘spaghetti loves company’) and don’t overcook it, adding olive oil to the water to stop it sticking is totally unnecessary.

The dessert is just three scoops of good quality ice cream, one each of mint, strawberry and vanilla. It can be ‘taken elsewhere’, if you know what I mean. If your partner has eaten enough, this course can be dispensed with in a suitably nonchalant manner.

If you really want to show off, ask your partner if they have spotted the theme to the meal. "It’s Italian" is the obvious answer, which is close. The answer is that all the courses are red, white and green, which are the colours of the Italian flag. This should now add culinary genius to your list of qualifications as a potential mate.

PS. If all goes according to plan, this is my suggestion for an equally simple but impressive, romantic breakfast for two.

SCRAMBLED EGG WITH SMOKED SALMON

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS

A small sheet of smoked salmon

4 eggs

2 tablespoons of butter

Ground pepper to taste

METHOD

Cut the salmon into 2cm (1 inch) pieces. Break the eggs into a bowl and pick out any bits of shell.

Put the butter in a saucepan on a medium heat. Melt the butter. Add the eggs and salmon. Stir frequently to stop them sticking, and to scramble them. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the eggs are still moist. Season with the pepper.

ADDITIONS & ALTERNATIVES

Serve on 4 slices of hot buttered wholemeal toast. Serve with orange juice and coffee, or even a Buck’s Fizz cocktail (champagne and orange juice).

TIPS

Use fresh eggs at room temperature. There is no need to keep eggs in the fridge.

It is better to slightly undercook eggs than to overcook them, as they end up like rubber.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.