bondiexxx asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

i cant get past a certain weight, if i exercise then stop will it just go back on anyway?

hi everyone, i hope you can help solve my problem...

basically im 5ft6 and weigh aprox 10st5, this is my average weight know for the last 2 years (i used to be a few stone heavier). my problem is that i can only ever get down to 10 stone!! if i diet alone i never get below ten stone its like a cut off point, so obviously i need to start working out.

what i was wondering though is this... if i have to go to the gym a few times a week to lose more weight, does this mean that il ALWAYS have to go to the gym to maintain my new weight loss (i want to be 9 stone)? i think i will and what bothers me is that i know that theres no way il be able to go to the gym a few times a week religously for a really long period of time, so will it just go back on? Thank you

2 Answers

Relevance
  • lys
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you will always have to exercise. Not exercising actually slows down metabolism which would mean an increase in weight.

Once you have lost the weight even 30mins of exercise per day will be enough to maintain your weight provided you have a good diet.

• 5 years ago

This is a difficult thing to go about on your own. The best thing you could do is get a job so you can buy your OWN food. You said you look proportional, so if that's how other people perceive you, your appearance shouldn't hinder you from getting a job. Maybe ask your mom to buy healthy food in addition to junk food. Then you have to practice self-control, which is extremely difficult. Research nutrition on the internet and in books, there is a ton of information out there. When you feel like you want to eat junk food, drink some water and pop a piece of sugar-free gum in your mouth. The first few days will be the hardest but after you get past that it becomes much easier to control yourself. It's just like breaking any addiction. And lastly, do NOT completely cut yourself off from junk food, you will never be happy and it's actually not healthy because you won't stick to your healthy eating routine if you feel so restricted. Maybe you can ask some questions about nutrition in the Diet and Exercise section, there are a lot of knowledgeable people there. Don't do a fad diet like the Atkins Diet because you will NOT keep the weight off and it's extremely unhealthy, so you will feel worse. The only thing you can do that will work is eat healthy and exercise. Even walking for a half-hour a day will make tremendous differences.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.