Pokemon cards are they fake or real?

is the decks that have 2011 on them real cards or are they fake? my son is into this and his little friend picks up these card decks for like a $1.99 a piece and not the 9 packs-the next size up

Update:

they were at a hispanic store and i dont want the children upset if we attend a tournament and someone says they are fake apon in inspection. Thanks so much for answering, this is very new to me.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well,if you get them from a branded store like walmart the cards should be really. Pokemon is very out dated and don't be surprise if the cards are cheap for an abundant cards.

To me: IT doesn't really matter if they cards are fake or real because im pretty sure your son and his friend's wont be able to tell them apart.

here is a website that will help you a bunch. http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-tell-FAKE-Pokemon-c...

• 5 years ago

First of all is the quality of the paper they are printed on. Real pokemon cards should feel just a bit stiffer than playing cards. Next is the trademark symbol on the back (tm). Also there is the rarity index marking in the bottom right corner of the card. It should be either a circle, diamond, or star unless it is a promo but then it will say that on the card. The art will also usually be by ken sugimori but not always. If it has no signature on the art at all then it is definatly a fake. Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

These are the stores that will never sell you fake cards:

Wall Mart

Toys R Us

These are the stores that will 90% of the time sell you fake cards:

Almost every little sidewalk stand in China/Asia.

Shabby shacks.

• 1 decade ago

to tell the truth i dont think stores can sell fake cards unless its like an old store .it depends on were u got it if it was at wall mart or somthing else i doubt there fake

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.