Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

is it ok to execute this program? my friend wrote it?

my friend wrote a program to clean temp data on the pc. But i'm not sure about his works!!!!

can someone confirm me whether its safe or not to run it? following is the code inside it:

@echo off

del/q "c:\downloads"

@echo Done. BLACKLIST911 ;)

THNAKS IN ADVANCE

Favorite Answer

this code will delete all the contents inside the c:\downloads folder in ur comp if u try to execute it......it will not do anything else....

yeah this isnt even a real program, as far as i can work out its an executable batch file (.BAT), which you can just make in windows to make commands. effectively by making this program instead you could have just gone on C:: and deleted downloads. It wont screw up your computer, but itll delete all your downloaded stuff, so if i were you i wasnt, and get your friend to stop writing batch files theyre lame

This will delete your folder in C named downloads and everyting in it. So No it is not safe. To learn windows hacks visit my website. The link is in my profile

Better download ccleaner from http://www.geeksjunction.com/technical%20support/c... to clean your computer from temp files.

no! double tap, same question 2x?