Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Quest. for more sensitive people?

Did you ever have to change your "life's philosophy", the way you see life, just to be happier, to "survive". pl share thoughts, thanx

Favorite Answer

Please remember...

Life is what you think it is.

At any given moment it can all change.

We are the masters of our minds.

As a sensitive person who used to be easily hurt I finally came to the understanding that if I didn't change the way I reacted to people and situations I was going to be miserable all the time. Yes I did have to change my philosophy in a sense. People can't hurt me unless I let them. I choose not to let them. I still struggle with it at times, and I still feel hurt, but the duration is less.....I bounce back faster.

No one can make you change your life's philosophy but I have found that the more I try to understand other religions the more confused I get and then I'm reminded of the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" where they just say 'Be excellent to each other and party on dudes'

Not exactly. What I had to do was strip away the garbage that I accumulated from other people in order to reveal myself. I didn't change so much as I shed.