Louisa
Louisa asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

What can I buy my cancer nurse?

My colorectal nurse has been so so helpful, and has been so supportive in so many ways. I've now finished all treatment and operations, and was wondering what can I buy her as a thank you gift?

Nothing too personal, or inappropriate, but something more than a box of chocolates!

Favorite Answer

I am a cancer nurse. Nothing has meant more to me than the thank you cards I have received from patients and families. I save them all. Somedays are really really hard at work, but I can look at those cards and it makes it all worthwhile. I'm sure you want to give a little more than a card. I have gotten gift certificates to restaurants. I really liked that...who doesn't like to eat out every now and then.

You are so sweet to want to recognize her. It will mean so much to her.

Source(s): I am a cancer nurse

How about a cancer awareness bracelet? My mom is recieving chemo now for colon cancer and she has amazing nurses - we bought them cancer bracelets with cat's eye beads - I found them on ebay!

• TedEx

We sent flowers "To the staff of C-1. Thank you."

I know what you are saying. My wife's nurse was an angel.

• Corina

How about a gift certificate to a spa near where she lives.

A nice picture frame. Most people have pictures and frames are a nice gift.

Whatever, but make sure you include a letter or card that tells her how much her kindness means.

[I recently found letters to me from a similar situation that I had kept for 25 years.]

i think the spa tremtment is a great idea or perhaps write a ltter to her superior or management explaining how good she was and frame it and give it too her

they have caregiver gifts at:

http://www.choosehope.com/commerce/catalog.jsp?cat...

i know she's not the caregiver, per se, but they have nice things!