Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

When do contractions start?

i'm 23 weeks pregnant and i'm jw when the contractions start, i have this fear that i'll be at work when i have a contraction or even if i go into labor,i am going to be work 'till the week of my due date which is Nov 25-29. But can anyone tell me when the contractions are suppost to start?

Favorite Answer

they can start anywhere any time, so when our around 38 weeks plus its best to stay near to home or at a friends, or your mums just incase! good luck!!

We'll a lot of it has to do with your body and your baby! So its hard to say. Most women don't go into labor until 38-40 weeks. That is when it is considered safe to go into labor. But like I said before everyone is different. Thing like... the size of your baby, the number of children you've previously had, the way your cervix dilates/thins... ect. One other thing to consider is even if you start having contractions at work you will most likely have time to get to a hospital. Most women are in labor for 8-12 hours on average. I was personally in labor for 28 hours!

I hope the best for you!