Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicLyrics · 1 decade ago

For kicks! Lyrics that drove you NUTS until you found out what they were REALLY singing?

I was just answering a question about the lyrics in "Blinded by the light" and thought about the part in the song that gets repeated over and over and over, "Wrapped up like a douche into the roller in the night".....of course I know that's not the right lyrics but you know what I mean. Then there's the famous Doobie Brothers China Grove song lyric, "..well the preacher and the teacher, ummmmmmmmm, they are the talk about town...." and Fleetwood Mac's Sara lyric, "...and I knew it. And I knew it...I knew they were lezzies, I knew they were lezzies"(one of my lesbian friends swore for years that this "PROVED" that Stevie Nicks was a lesbian! She STILL sings it like that to this day)!

So you "get it". Anyone else have any that drove them nuts?

Favorite Answer

In 500 miles at the end of the chorus it sounds like they are screaming "CARMEN ELECTRA-CARMEN ELECTRA!!" then I can't get it out of my head for the rest of the day.

• Roo

Haha, a few days ago my sister and her boyfriend were debating the lyrics of Blinded By The Light... "What the hell is a wrapped up douche roller in the night?"

Um... Let's see... Weezer's song My Name Is Jonas... Everyone kept saying "The hookers are going home." =/

She bop by cindy lauper~ i use to sing that song when i was like 10 (never did i know that it was about girl on girl) and frankie goes to hollywood's song relax is about male masterb.....well you know the rest;how embarrasing it is to know what they really meant and were saying