im 10 weeks pregnant...?

i asked my OB, if its ok for me to get my second ultrasound just to be sure that my baby is still there (it sounds kindda silly) but its our first and im worried...I just wonder do i really have to do an intravaginal ultrasound again? pls advice

is it my hormones..? i feel like crying...everyone are so supportive...thanx.......all of u have the best answers...*kisses*

Favorite Answer

most doctors will give you an intravaginal ultrasound untill you are 12 weeks pregnant, after that it will be a normal on the tummy ultra sound.

they do the vaginal one becuase at 10 weeks you baby is around the size of a peanut, it makes it easier to distuinguish the difference between baby and bladder and the rest of the organs down there.

Source(s): 32 weeks pregnant

at 10 weeks you should be able to have the normal belly ultra sound, but the intravaginal one can get closer and pick up much better. I know where you coming from i am always worried that something i did i should not have or that i just need to see the heart beat so your not alone there. You just need to relax take a deep breathe and if you can just hold off for 2 weeks you will need to have another ultrasound anyway, you will also have one between 16-20 weeks and if your wanting to know the sex of the baby you will find out then. Take a deep breathe and goodluck.

It is totally normal for you to feel worried about your little one in there. Don't worry though, soon you will be able to hear the little heart beating away. Don't worry, we all fee the same way when we are newly pregnant.

the intravaginal ultrasounds are usually done earlier on, because in the abdominal ultrasound the baby is too small to be seen. at ten weeks you should be able to get the abdominal ultrasound.

I had a scan at 6 weeks, one at 9 weeks and one at 12 weeks and each time they could see the baby - so you can definately have an ultrasound rather than a vaginal ultrasound.

Not sure if you live in the UK, but here they will not scan before 12 weeks unless there is a problem (I had 3 scans due to bleeding). However you can pay for them privately if you wish. It is probably different if you live in the US though so you should definately ask!

Source(s): been through it

a pair issues... a million. you're fortunate to no longer have nausea. It sucks. 2. Your boobs must be feeling greater proper via now besides, so because it truly is common. 3. Your back hurting is a competent sign... it ability your uterus is increasing and putting tension on your back/pulling on ligaments. 4. Being in easy terms form of drained is likewise fortunate. i replaced into so exhausted my first trimester. That'll get greater proper in the process the 2nd trimester, then worse returned in the process the 0.33. 5. i are conscious of it truly is puzzling to no longer complication (I had a miscarriage with my first, so replaced into so afraid with my 2nd yet each and every thing replaced into ok). whilst is your next wellbeing practitioner's appointment? listening to the newborn's heartbeat is usually a reassuring sign. 6. in case you ever journey cramping, do no longer freak out. it truly is common too. I had it throughout my finished being pregnant. would not assist you to no longer complication nonetheless.

You might be referred to a regular ultrasound at 12 weeks for Nuchal Translucency anyway, surly you can wait 2 more weeks!

at 10 weeks you can have an abdominal scan but why do you think you need one? baby wont have fallen out hun its still in there, tiny and ok but growing every day. try not to worry

only if your extremely worried! most mom-to-be's are able to sense if something is wrong. If you feel like something is wrong go for it! Besides..theres nothing wrong w/seeing your baby on the screen again!! Congratulations BTW!

i had a normal scan at your stage so you shouldnt have to have the other as long as he can see the baby properly cheers good luck and congrats