I'm flying out to Florida on Wednesday 3 December 08 for 14 nights?

I can't decide where to stay between Ft Lauderdale and Key West, my flight is booked and paid for to Miami... what I need to know is how much it cost to eat out in both those resorts please? Also could anyone advise me on choices of transport connection from Miami International Airport to both those places.

Favorite Answer

a ride from the miami airport to key west could cost a pretty penny thats almost a 2 hr ride if i was you i would rent a car for a couple of days cause there isnt alot to do in either area

Key West is about a 3 hour drive from Miami, so given the logistics of getting there, and the cost...you're better off with Fort Lauderdale, which is just 30-45 minutes from Miami. Shuttle vans are readily available that will take you to locations in Ft Lauderdale. On SuperShuttle, the one way cost is $40.

Eating out is not that expensive. You have a wide variety to choose from, but would recommend food choices you may not get back home. There are great Cuban/Latin restaurants that are very reasonable. And of course plenty of seafood options...have fun!