math question pls answer got an exam tommorow?

the question is:

I have two tickets for a football match. this represents 0.000 05 of the total tickets sold. how many tickets were sold??

pls answers and explain also how to do it

best ans 10 pts!!!!!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

x is the total number of tickets

0.00005 x = 2 (the number of ticket you got)

x = 2/0.00005 = 40,000 (tickets sold).

• 4 years ago

A nodule in petrology or mineralogy is a secondary shape, usually around or irregularly rounded in shape. Nodules are often stable replace bodies of iron oxides formed in the time of diagenesis of a sedimentary rock. Nodules could be hollow as geodes(a variety of rock) or crammed with crystals and troublesome geometric shrinkage types in nodules. there is a crucial difference to entice between nodules and concretions; the latter being formed from mineral precipitation around some form of nucleus at the same time as the former is a replace physique. Manganese nodules are rounded accumulations of manganese, iron and different steel oxides that collect on the deep ocean floor. Silicic volcanic rocks additionally variety nodular segregations in the time of cooling and recrystallization of rhyolitic and obsidian flows. Thundereggs are geode like nodules that variety in volcanic ash deposits in the time of diagenesis.

• 1 decade ago

2 tickets equal to 0.00005 of all sold, and we can assume that this is out of 1? Therefore if we divide 1 by 0.00005 we get:

1 / 0.00005 = 20,000

but each 1 in our answer represents 2 tickets, so to get the answer you multiply 20,000 by 2 to get 40,000.

An eaiser way to think of it is that it 0.00005 = 2 tickets, then 1 ticket = half of that so 0.000025 is equal to one ticket

If we divide 1 by 0.000025 we get 40,000.

You can e-mail me if you don't understand anything.

Source(s): GCSE Higher Tier Mathematics
  • 1 decade ago

i dont know the answer... but BEST OF LUCK FOR UR EXAM!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.