i have windows 98 on my computer someone is giving me windows xp pro pack do i install w/disc like the old 1?

i don't have $ to get another hard-drive and i realize i will lose all current information also can anyone explain the difference between windows xp pro pack and the regular windows xp

Favorite Answer

The simple answer is No, you won't loose any data if you UPGRADE from 98 to xp. remember to choose the upgrade option , not the new installation. which will format the data.

Good luck!!!

Hi

All OS are shipped with different versions for diff users

for ex:

Windows XP Home

Window XP Prof

Ya... and as you can guess, Pro has more features than home version

For Side-by-Side Installation of two OS's (Dual Booting)

Start your comp in Win 98, Insert XP Pro Disk,

then select set up type as NEW INSTALLATION

but select one more option---> I will select destination in set process (I don't remember real wordings)

• pasely

no, you'll want the major that got here with the disk. or attempt to google a key from the web. Edward, you could instal it extra then one computer. Vista is the single which couldn't allow you to deploy it on extra then one computer.

while installing updated version you can choose upgrade option

you will not loss your data...

no dont do