yo asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 decade ago

is it me or is algebra completely useless?

it works my nerves

• gab BB
    Favorite Answer

algebra is completely useful. I can help you to deal with it if you can email me with your problems on it.

I graduated high school over 26 years ago. I run my own Industrial Supply business and I can tell you I have not used Algebra one time . I use basic math every single day though. I make a very good living $175,000 a year . We would be much better off having kids concentrate on basic math and the principles of which to apply it to everyday life .

Keep solving algebra problems and you and algebra will be useful to one another.

Take this as a challenge.

Solve simple sums in the begining and move on to a bit harder ones.

I know it seems that way sometimes, especially if your teachers don't point out the uses for the equations and formulas you learn (mine didn't), but in case you need math in the future for building structures or doing measurements, algebra is the basis and first step toward the math that will assist you in doing so. So it can be important. To get to higher math, first you must have algebra drilled into you, and that means practice, practice, practice....

• Awms A

This is always the bizarre state of affairs. Believe it or not, but algebra used correctly can simplify your life. That's its purpose.

no you need to use it in different occupations you my get into. Like if you become a X-ray tech you need it to convert decibels into percentages.It's use in many things like construction and Engineering.

its not only u there r many guys are there like u

my teacher used to say fight with ur fear

u know i compleated my +2 this year

the whole year i was strugling with physics i hardly got passing marks but i dint gave up

and guess what i got 80% marks in physics

so help urself with algebra & give it a strong fight

best of luck

nothing is useless , right

its as stupid as base 8 math

Well you never use it in real life so i would class it as completely useless

If you want to be a garbage collector algebra is useless. Otherwise it is not useless. The problem is you, or, more specifically, your attitude. If really think that algebra is useless, try building something without it.