Omega asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

should I join the royal marines or the us army?

By the way iam from the republic of Ireland.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

IT depends on what you want to do, the RMC are the best Marine Corps in the world, still, more akin to being a commando than an elite infantry like our Marine Corps but a great challenge for you to take. If you want to join anything in the US, I would go the USMC route after you get a Permanent Visa, it will also help fast track your citizenship if you go into the US Military.

• 1 decade ago

As for what Eric said about the Brit Royals being the best Marines, thats total horse-****. If you want to see Combat and win battles, join the USMC. If you want to train and pretend you are a combat veteran, join the Brit Royals. Remember training is one thing, doing it is another entirely.

Source(s): 8 years USMC infantry, 3 times combat vet in Iraq '05-'08, 1 year contracting with Brit Royals and SAS
  • 1 decade ago

join the royal marines.im from the r.o.i as well and actually joined the parachute regiment.i was there for 6 years.i enquired about joining the u.s army but at the time they werent taking non u.s citizens.maybe its different today?but from my own experience i would join any british regiment.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

none of the above.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.