Omega asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

should I join the royal marines or the us army?

By the way iam from the republic of Ireland.

Favorite Answer

IT depends on what you want to do, the RMC are the best Marine Corps in the world, still, more akin to being a commando than an elite infantry like our Marine Corps but a great challenge for you to take. If you want to join anything in the US, I would go the USMC route after you get a Permanent Visa, it will also help fast track your citizenship if you go into the US Military.

As for what Eric said about the Brit Royals being the best Marines, thats total horse-****. If you want to see Combat and win battles, join the USMC. If you want to train and pretend you are a combat veteran, join the Brit Royals. Remember training is one thing, doing it is another entirely.

Source(s): 8 years USMC infantry, 3 times combat vet in Iraq '05-'08, 1 year contracting with Brit Royals and SAS

join the royal marines.im from the r.o.i as well and actually joined the parachute regiment.i was there for 6 years.i enquired about joining the u.s army but at the time they werent taking non u.s citizens.maybe its different today?but from my own experience i would join any british regiment.

none of the above.