Okay, now what do I do about my Linksys?

Okay, I asked earlier and managed to get to my basic setup page. Now I just need to know what to do from here to get it to let internet back on my comp. I already reset the WEP code but it won't let me run the internet through the Linksys yet. Now I did hard reset it (causing all of these problems) and I'm afraid to do anything else in fear I might screw it up more. Also note that I have a Linksys WRT54G if that's of any conseqeunce. So yea...what now?

Favorite Answer

First you need to have set the ISP user name and password. Once this is done, test your connection using the cable. It should give you internet immediately. If not they are wrong or you have an incorrect protocol setting. In this case you need to speak to your ISP help desk, and find out the settings you need. If you do get a connection by the cable, you then set the encryption type and key, and then disconnect the cable and use your machine's wireless connection tool to find your connection and set the matching encryption. It should then connect. If not, check that your machine actually has its' wireless on, some have a tiny switch on the side, it is easy to knock this into the off position. This often just stops the transmit to save power, but leaves the receiver on, making it look as if it is on.