Why do people put up false questions on Yahoo! Answers?

Ive read heaps of dud questions on Yahoo! Answers.

Why do people make up crap and post it, we all know your an idiot.

So why do they?

(All my Questions are truthful).

• Canuck
    Favorite Answer

It's been my experience that people make up questions just to get attention. I know one such person whose questions were so ludicrous that his account's been suspended. Some people are on here to be truthful, like you and me and some of my contacts, and others just use people because their lives are probably so dull that they have to lie to draw attention to themselves.

Sir,

I respect you with my full heart and please don't mind me if I am wrong somewhere.

As far as false stories are put up. I say they are done by kids below 12 years of age. They do it for fun, gaining sympathy, to gain importance and attention etc...The better part is that they learn something(typing, communication skills etc.), but we answer them. Maybe they get some kind of satisfaction...

There might be another reason for such questions, that is, they might be true stories. Sorry to say that but you never know...there are different cultures in different nations. Like, someone is tortured by their relative, he/she puts up a question here. now Americans may think that it is false, but the person who asked may be from Pakistan/India/Sri Lanka.

So you can never be sure of a question being false or true unless you know the asker, or the asker tells you.

Sorry if i disrespected you in any way.

Well mister gates I think it is like this , people hunger for attention and by placing false questions they feel satisfied when or if they get a good response , it's not quality feed back they are after but quantity , the more they receive the happier they are.

I agree very weired and annoying.

you cant talk , you put a question up about your cousin being in love with a 8 year old down syndrome boy!!

yeah ok that is not a false question cough cough

and another one about your brother and sister making out. well if this is all true you have a f*u*c*k*e*d up family

• ITGuy

I agree, mate. Lucky that YA has good, honest contributors like you!