can I negotiate a new car price below kelly bluebook value?

Favorite Answer

use KBB to find out what the low trade valuse is, this is commonly where dealerships try to buy vehicles

some dealerships even subtract refurb fees in it

best way to find out is, try a trade in, in the same dealership and see at what percentage compared to KBB they offer and go from there

Absolutely if it is an SUV, Truck, or large car. People and dealerships are selling those things below book value to get them off of their books. Now if you are trying to get a small eco car with high MPG, the answer would be NO, because everybody wants those and will pay extra. Law of Supply and Demand my friend.

Of course they can. They can raise your rates for a host of reasons at any time. Plus, they didn't have all of the information on the car (VIN #) when you bought your policy. If the rate you have now is unacceptable, you should shop around for a one. Is your car financed, or did you pay cash for it? If it is financed, you may be in violation of the terms of the loan by having such a high deductible. When I bought my truck last year, I financed it through Bank of America. I read in the loan agreement that my insurance deductible could be no more than $500. You need to find your loan agreement, and read the terms.

Yes. But only if the dealer wants to get rid of the car to begin with. Like so many trucks today, they are willing to sell them below KBB prices.

But you have to know how desperate they are - or else they will rip you off again.

Good Luck...

kbb price represents the sticker prices of cars in your area not the selling price so if you pay more than kbb or equal to then you are throwing away your money