Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 decade ago

What region does the term "arnold palmer" come from?

I thgought it was a well known term for a lemonade-iced tea, but since we've been selling it at my Dunkin Donuts, nobody knows when I'm talking about when I call it an Arnold Palmer.

• Favorite Answer

Arnold Palmer was a famous golfer and supposedly one of his favorite drinks was a mixture of half iced tea and half lemonade. Some places refer to this drink as a Half and Half, others a Tea Ade (which is part of the secret In 'n' Out Burger menu) or Tea Lemonade.

There is actually a packaged beverage called, "The Original Arnold Palmer Tee," which is endorsed by Arnold Palmer.

The term "Arnold Palmer" is well known in the south part of the country where people drink lots of iced tea. Wikipedia says it was created at the Cherry Creek Country Club in Colorado and that it's popular in WV, OH and PA, but I don't know how true that is.

The term "Arnold Palmer" does not come from a region it comes from a man who is a golfer.

There was only one specific brand of lemonade iced tea that was called "Arnold Palmer". So since it was only a brand and not actually referenceing all lemonade iced teas then why do you expect everyone to know what you are talking about.

Source(s): RCA

I know what an Arnold-Palmer is....I think that it is something that an older crowd would know what you were talking about and less from the younger crowd. Arnold Palmer was a golfer and that is what he used to order at the club house on the golf course.

Arnold Daniel Palmer (born September 10, 1929) is an American golfer who is generally regarded as one of the greatest players in the history of men's professional golf. He has won numerous events on both the PGA Tour and Champions Tour, dating back to 1955. Nicknamed "The King," he is one of golf's most popular stars and its most important trailblazer because he was the first star of the sport's television age, which began in the 1950s.

Stroling down Rue Bourbon, Rue Decatur, the banquettes near Cafe Du Monde, The Old Quarters, Mardi Gras, etc.. The birth place of jazz.

why do you call it Arnold Palmer?

They know what it is in Wisconsin and Ohio. So perhaps it started in the midwest.

It's named for the golfer, as I'm sure you are aware.