Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is this a spider bite?

I have a large red spot on my side. Its really hard and its almost a purple red now. This is day two and it looks like its getting bigger. What is it? Does it sound like a spider bite...its really painful..what can i do for it?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Spider bites are generally red and get very hard to the touch. Depends on how seriously your body reacts to the spider bite. They can become infected and should be watched for healing ability.

Try holding as hot a cloth compress as you can on your bites. If there's a stinger or infection present, the heat will help your body to bring it to the surface. A good antibacterial soap to clense and sauve applied after will aid the healing process.

However if the bites don't heal within a week or continue to get redder and harder with lingering pain, I'd definitely consult a physician. You could be one of those people who reacts severely to bug bites, have an allergy, or the sores might be a sign of something more serious.

Take care.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.