Will Sen. Ted Stevens' Indictment on 7 corruption counts affect the outcome for races this fall?

I mean he will probably lose the seat, and it will again put the spotlight on the GOP and corruption

Favorite Answer

Stevens seat was up in the air before the indictment, now I would say it is out of reach for him... Will it affect the November elections? I don't think so but time will tell on this story..

Well, he soent nearly a million dollars for every day he was in office up until he began running for president. This tells me that he did what was politically expediant for him at the time. People are creatures of habit and he was in the habit of spending.He is also in the habt of doing what is politically expediant for him. My guess is he will continue to do both. I expect his spending to be record spending on pork barrel that he and the liberal dems want and what they think will buy them votes and power. I also belive that he will bankrupt businesses, and most average working people and small business. I belive he will operate as a centrist for the first four years hoping to get a larger majority in congress. Then if he has the majority and wins a second term he will go sharply left and lets us have it with both barrels. It will be an interesting and devistating time for us.

There was a congressman from Youngstown, Ohio not too long ago named Trafficant. He was thrown in jail for his corrupt dealings while in congress, but remained on the ballot still running for office while in jail. He received almost 20% of the votes while sitting in his jail cell. Not everyone watches the news like you do.

Maybe a little. Yeah, I think that Senate seat will become Democratically held. However, the push by Alaska Democrats may actually help tip Alaska toward Obama. Maybe. Give him an additional 3 electoral votes.

Why would this effect the GOP???

I thought (according to Obama supporters) that you can't judge a person by the company they keep.

maybe, most likely or maybe not