How to give a gift of thousand dollars to a 5 year old.?

Hi, My niece is turning 5 years old and I want to give her a gift of 2 thousand dollars for her birthday. What is the best way of giving her 2 thousand dollars (other than in the form of cash)? I want her parents to be able to cash the gift whenever they want , at any time, with the least amount of hassle and... show more Hi,

My niece is turning 5 years old and I want to give her a gift of 2 thousand dollars for her birthday. What is the best way of giving her 2 thousand dollars (other than in the form of cash)? I want her parents to be able to cash the gift whenever they want , at any time, with the least amount of hassle and spend the money for whatever my niece may need. is opening a bank account or buying savings bonds a good option.? are there any other options? never done this before, so would appreciate some ideas.

Thank you,