Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Government banning batman dark knight?

I have heard through the grapevine that the government are trying to ban batman - the dark knight. Because of the jokers knifing. I was just wondering if this is true? Can any help?

Best Answer

There's a little thing called Freedom of Speech, you should look it up. They can't ban the movie.

uhhh yeah dark knight is DEFINITELY not the very violent compared to other movies. so of course thats not true. its a pg 13, granted it does push the limits of a pg13 rating a little but a little knifing is no problem lol. not the worst out there by a long shot. The govt doesn't ban movies anyway. . btw a GREAT movie. really lives up to the hype. definately recomend go so it if you havent yet.

• Lori

The Dark Knight

nope. that would go against a little letter that was written waaay back in 1789 called the Bill of Rights which includes something called freedom of speech and freedom of the press (in this case, I believe it is both, because movies are a form of the media) "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The goverment really cant ban a movie for whats in it because the joker is suppose to be a creepy guy and u never know if hell kill you or not. And besides its your choice and it wasnt rated PG it was PG-13

They can ban whatever the hell they want to. But I doubt they will, I have seen Dark night and it bad but not like some other movies out there. I suggest you all see it, its the best movie I have seen in a while.

No. There are "supposedly" subliminal messages in the movie, but nothing waranting a ban...

They don't care much about that movie right now, they're hiding under their desks over "W."

lol.... that movie looks goooooooooooooood!

the government doesnt have that power. the motion picture association has the right to raise the rating to rated r if they'd like or see fit. but, one more thing. What a great movie, heath ledger...he made that movie. i cant wait to see him in batman 2 wait..... sorry.

lol, ROFLMAO.

Governments don't ban films that up to the independent film and TV advisory board or something like that who put ratings on what can be shown in films but they very rarely ban anything, unless in extreme circumstances.

Nooooo

you cant

because i want to see the film

and it looks amazing

and argh

why

its just a film its not real

Cant wait to see it it if i ever do!