Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

What does "we will be in touch" mean after several interviews and I sent my application?

That's what the manager replied me through email after I sent my job application and everything to him.

thanks.

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"We will be in touch" is vague and is used to wrap up a conversation when there is nothing left to be said. It means that they have gotten everything they need from you to have serious internal conversations and discuss how well you may fit in their particular situation. They are also communicating that they will contact you, in case you had any question about what the next step in the interview process might entail.

In my opinion and experience, this expression conveys no decision for, or against, you gaining employment with these people. Keep a positive attitude regardless.

Source(s): OTJ experience dealing with HR, recruiters, and hiring personnel.
  • 1 decade ago

It seems like an open ended answer. No commitment. Just like when people say "I'll call you". They never do. Don't get hung up on it. Keep looking! If this is the job for your, email or call. It won't hurt. Sometimes people go off on vacations and either way you will know for sure. I know how you feel, because I have heard this phrase before. If I did not move on, I would still be waiting for"we will be in touch".

• 1 decade ago

"We'll be in touch" is their way of avoiding having to tell you that they're not sold on you. If they're desperate they might call you back, but in reality, it's time to move onto the next opportunity. But, as you do that, don't forget to spend some time reflecting on the interview, where you were strong, and where you weren't. And after a week or so, I'd email them back and ask them for some direct feedback, especially what they saw as your weaknesses.

• 3 years ago

Keep In Touch Synonym

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It means "don't call us, we'll call you if we're interested. If we are not interested you'll never hear from us".

It's basically a vague and open ended way of saying they aren't sure but they want to keep their options open. Or, it could be a passive-aggressive way of passing on you without having to come out and say it, but I think for most companies, the first option is more likely.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does "we will be in touch" mean after several interviews and I sent my application?

That's what the manager replied me through email after I sent my job application and everything to him.

thanks.

Source(s): quot touch quot interviews application: https://tr.im/8TBzr
  • 1 decade ago

Different folk who hire people have various perspectives. All I can say is that sometimes they tell the truth. Sometimes they don't. Keep GOD before you in all that you do. BEFORE you enter a room, building or vehicle, say quietly, "Peace Be To This House. - Luke 10:5. Those who are within those premises will be more peaceful and likely to do that which is worthwhile to you. What shall we then say to these things? If GOD be for us, WHO can be against us? - Romans 8:31. The Lord daily loadeth us with BENEFITS, even the GOD of our salvation. Selah. - Psalm 68:19. I wish you much success. Peace!!!

• 1 decade ago

It means if he doesn't call you, make sure you call back to follow up. You should be following up with a thank-you for the interview regardless. ALWAYS.

Persistence gets the job (just be professional about it)

• 1 decade ago

Depends on the person, it could go either way. I would follow up with an email thanking them for the interviews and ask them what date you can expect a decision by.

• 1 decade ago

It means that they haven't gotten their act together to make a decision yet. Probably half the department is on vacation. I would keep looking. Good luck!

Source(s): I once worked in Human Resources -- not an organized profession as a whole!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.