PARKING - China Town in San Francisco?

walking distance from the attractions, shops, restaurant..

thanks...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Portsmouth Square garage Kearny Street.

$2.50 per hour. Parking is crazy in SF.

• DON T
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Parking in San Francisco.Trying to find a parking spot in San Francisco is a nightmare. Jay Gross said it best. "If all the planets are properly aligned, if you're holding your mouth right and if you avoided walking under that ladder, you might, just might, be able to find a parking space in San Francisco".

Parking in a public parking lot will run you a 15 to $20 a day. Parking at your hotel will run you 35 to $45 a day. Hotels do not own their parking lots. if you can leave your car at home and take public transportation. You can get anywhere in the city on public transportation and it's heck of a lot cheaper than the parking. For more information on a transportation and anything else you'd like to know about San Francisco go to http://www.discovering-sanfrancisco.com

You'll find just about anything you're looking for.

• 1 decade ago

Listen to JJ. BUT...it is tricky entering that underground parking lot. You cannot enter directly from Kearny Street (just to make things difficult). You come down Kearny then take a left on Washington (or enter from Washington initially). Then take the next left a half a block up in the alley called Walter Lum. Then stay in the left lane and enter the lot on Kearny. Weird. What can you say...

Source(s): R&G Lounge Restaurant just down the street on Kearny. Good stuff!
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Sorry but your best bet is going to be the Sutter Stockton garage. Street parking in San Francisco is next to impossible, and is even worse in that area.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes, china town is in walking distance to many attractions, shops and restaurants.

parking in china town is very difficult and i personally have never parked there. take public transportation to china town.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If I were you, I'd park downtown/Union Square somewhere, there are lots of garages there. Chinatown is a pretty close and very easy walk from there.

• Neil
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Are you asking about on-street parking for an hour or two? It's scarce. And definitely not free.

Parking lots or garages? They exist, but are not cheap.

What are you asking.

• 1 decade ago

I always park by th wharf, and take a cable car to chinatown.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.