Bad sector??

my hard disk shows bad sector in C drive . how i resolve this problem????

Favorite Answer

bad sectors are damaged sections on your hard disk, normally you don't worry about them unless they increase in numbers. Do you have a backup battery? power problems could be a cause of this problem. Eventually you will have to replace your hard disk.

Use checkdsk, it allows you to scan for bad sectors, and mark them as bad so that they will not be used again. It will move any data that can be read, to a different sector.

PS: Bad sectors can be an indication, that the hard drive will soon fail. I would advise you to buy a new drive before it can fail, the second drive can be used as a backup drive.

You may want to buy an external hard drive case.

The disk controller will ordinarily handle bad sectors on modern drives by moving the data elsewhere and switching pointers. If it's not, I don't know of any way to handle it otherwise.

Sorry.