Chadd
Chadd asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

About Bill Clinton: stones on the beach at Normandy?

Rush Limbaugh tells a story about a Bill Clinton photo op in 1994. Apparently, Clinton visited Omaha Beach in Normandy on the 50th anniversary of D-Day. While the press took photos and video footage, Clinton paused and arranged some rocks in the shape of a cross, then bowed his head in reverent contemplation. This sounds like a typical Clinton moment, and I have confirmed to my satisfaction that he did visit the beach and make a cross of stones.

However, Limbaugh goes on to claim that Clinton had the stones placed on the beach in advance, because "there are no rocks on the beach at Normandy." This just sounds too ridiculous to be true. No rocks on a beach? Clinton staffers smuggling in rocks for a photo op?

Please, no Clinton or Limbaugh bashing. I really just want to know if someone can authoritatively debunk or confirm this story and the claim that "there are no rocks at Normandy beach." I've wondered about this for some time.

Thanks capcajun -- good to hear from someone who lived there.

Best Answer

There are no rocks on the beachs of normandy is a fact, just sand and little pebbles.

Source(s): Lived there.

How could that NOT be a photo op? To get stones out there that size when the indigenous are tiny pebbles, cover the tracks and oh by the way make sure the Navy has a battleship also conveniently in the back ground......

Google/youtube Bill Clinton at Ron Brown's funeral and you'll never wonder about the fella's TRUE nature again.

There are NO rocks on Omaha Beach. Very fine dark sand and the tiniest of pebbles.

A lot of beaches don't have rocks, just sand and pebbles.