How to find the courts that a case passes through?

Hi!

I need help on finding the order of courts that the Miller V. Fenton case passed through. I have tried google and everything and I cant seem to find the answer. Can you please help me find the order of appreance in the Miller V. Fenton case? Can you please list the courts that the case went through?

Thank you so much!!

Favorite Answer

Assuming you're talking about the Miller v. Fenton Supreme Court case from 1985:

The original case was (I believe) from the Superior Court of New Jersey, State v. Miller.

It went through the Superior Court, Appellate Division to the Supreme Court of New Jersey, 388 A.2d 218 (1978).

Then it was renamed Miller v. Fenton, 741 F.2d 1456 (3d Cir. N.J. 1984).

That case went to the Supreme Court as Miller v. Fenton, 474 U.S. 104 (1985).

It went back to the US Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit in Miller v. Fenton, 796 F.2d 598 (3d Cir. N.J. 1986).

Source(s): LexisNexis

You would only be able to find the court if you knew the actual kind and name of the court as well as the date and place of the trial.