Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Question for Democrats and Republicans: your opinion on Tim Kaine?

The news says Virginia Governor Tim Kaine is going to be Obama's running mate?

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

I have read up on what he has been doing in Va. He appears to be very sincere and has gotten jobs done. I believe the health insurance could be done alot easier if the pharma wasn't so pushy to have us all be taking a "Pill" or "Pills" before we even get out of schools.

check into the information I have read about how the Phama give out $500. per child each month for being on Prozac, or

Ritlan or any psyiatric drug, I talked with a principle about this and he said it was true. The Insurance program like Tim Kaine would love to bring about will go bankrupt if this info is true.

Almost a futilistic dream. Insurance coverage of drugs is such a stagering number you do not see anyone posting that

info, do you?

I do hope Sen.Obama DOES NOT CHOSE HILLARY because of her treatment of him by she and her husband.

I said if he did chose her, that would be the biggest act of

forgivness I ever heard, and I guess anything is possible.

Right? Peace! Nancyl

Jenn13JE Why do you think Young BLOOD isn't needed to make some drastic changes in the White house to help the "OLD MEN" Congress??

This is exactly what we do need. Sen.Obama's life's experience alone makes him an important change, plus his intelligence. Wow! Refreshing. McCain flunked out and daddie came to bail him out. Turn that scienario around it would not read like that, you bet your boopy on that. Peace!

Why No e-Mail so people can comment to you personally??

Ghouly - Kaine wasn't SecNav - Webb was.

I am a Republican, and I like Kaine. He is fair and follows through with his promises. I don't believe Obama will choose him, however.

If Obama did, I believe Kaine would be a good choice, although perhaps a bit of a young ticket with the two of them together.

I would rather Joe Biden or Jim Webb personally but I guess Kaine would do. They could really use somebody from Virginia to help win that state.

I saw Kaine for the first time on C-Span last Sunday.

Very impressive.

He is aware of what a modern America needs to do to get out of the cesspool the current administration has dumped the US into.

it doesn't matter all that much... VPs don't influence voters very much...

missy - Why would virginia's 13 electoral votes mean more then ohio's 20? And face facts here Virginia gave their votes to Bush in both elections by an eight point margin. Here's some advise goto realclearpolitics look at the "toss-up" states and then look at who they vote for, republican or democrat.... the toss-up states don't look to be that much of a toss-up. of the 11 states listed as toss-up only 3 ever gave the dems any electoral votes (Michigan, New Hampshire and New Mexico.. and only Michigan did it twice)

A former Priest and he leans towards Socialism like Obama. I am wondering how he and Obama will work out their stance on the Abortion issues. They are totally opposite on their views about that.

@Ghouly(above) - Confused aren't you? Kaine is the person being considered not Webb.

I think he would be a good choice, even though there are some things I don't like about him. As a former Secretary of the Navy, he will bring National Security credentials to the campaign. He is a very bright, thoughtful man, but a man of action also. He can be a bit of a "loose cannon" at times, but I still think he would be a good match with Obama.

No, It will be Joe Biden