United States Army airborne jobs?

I want to join Air National Guard. I have 8 small stars (tattoo) behind my RT ear and was told by a rookie recruit that I was automatically disqualified, no tattoos above the neck (although it is not visible). The recruiting supervisor called to tell me ASVAB scores (74 QT) & found out by me, I was told I was not able to join. Supervisor took pictures & I am supposed to find out for sure if I am disqualified in 2 days. I went to Army recruiter, he also took pictures & still wants me to go to MEPS. If I am excepted (overseeing my small tattoo), are there Army airborne jobs available? What are some options? I want to serve the US Military!

• OIFV79
    Favorite Answer

The Army has the least restrictions for tattoo's out of all the branches. They revised there policy in 2006, so you can now have tattoos on your forearms, hands, and back of your neck. (Behind your RT ear is fine.

Tattoos are now permitted on the hands and back of the neck if they are not “extremist, indecent, sexist or racist.” Army Regulation 670-1, which was modified via a message released Jan. 25, also now specifies: “Any tattoo or brand anywhere on the head or face is prohibited except for permanent make-up.”

Air Guard, you probably would need to get the tattoo removed, so I would go with the Army Guard.

The Army National Guard has a couple of Special Forces units that are airborne, but don't count on joining one of them.

You could be a crew chief for a helicopter which is a 15T I believe. They have hundreds of jobs, talk to your recruiter and see what units are close by as that would effect what MOS you would choose and what slots they have available.

Best of luck

Source(s): http://www4.army.mil/news/article.php?story=8692 Army Regulation 670-1, chapter 1-8E (1) has been modified via an ALARACT 017/2006 message.

Well, you should first understand that there is a big difference between the Air National Guard (a part-time position in the US Air Force) and the Army Airborne (most likely full-time, with considerably more physical expectations.) Having said that, nearly every job that exists in the regular Army exists in the Airborne, so any job that you are qualified for considering your - A. Sex (sorry, being a female will limit some choices) and B. ASVAB scores - should be available to you. There are some additional physical tests you'll have to pass before the Army sends you to Airborne school, but nothing too crazy (like making sure your knees are in good shape.)

Good Luck!

Source(s): Former Paratrooper
  • AJ

Being Airborne is an additional skill that you do. It is independent of what your actual job is. If you are at a post that is 'airborne' (i.e. Ft. Bragg) most everyone there is airborne, no matter what their job.

The tattoo is no problem one way or another. Easily removed with a few sessions under the ray gun.

Unfortunately no to airborne. Active Duty RA.