Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 1 decade ago

how does it work?

when you go to an employment office, are they able to find you a job the same day? I am a nursing assistant and i really need a job badly!! I'm going tomorrow. What do i expect?

Favorite Answer

I guess it depends by the state that you're in. In Florida, the offices are normally called "Agency for Workforce Innovation" and they have a series of workstations that are available for you to use yourself to find a job in your specialty.

You need to attempt to find work a certain number of times per week to be eligible for unemployment compensation. That includes using the workstations there at the agency, or making an attempt to contact employers by phone, email, in-person, etc.