Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 1 decade ago

how does it work?

when you go to an employment office, are they able to find you a job the same day? I am a nursing assistant and i really need a job badly!! I'm going tomorrow. What do i expect?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I guess it depends by the state that you're in. In Florida, the offices are normally called "Agency for Workforce Innovation" and they have a series of workstations that are available for you to use yourself to find a job in your specialty.

You need to attempt to find work a certain number of times per week to be eligible for unemployment compensation. That includes using the workstations there at the agency, or making an attempt to contact employers by phone, email, in-person, etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.