which video game review website is more reliable- ign.com or gamespot.com?

Best Answer

I like Gamespy.com too (as one of the other posters mentioned).

Since IGN is part of the same network though, then I guess I'd pick IGN... although Gamespot has an Australian website so that'd cater better for me.

Best thing to do, go to metacritic or GameRankings and then you can see an aggregate score of ALL review sites for a game instead of just one.

• guzmdn

Gamespot Review

• Keisha

Firstly, Metacritic does not review games; it just aggregates the scores from other reviews and links to them. It's basically a combined platform for multiple reviews. Eurogamer has the most insightful reviews IMHO. Their review of Uncharted 3 was nothing less than brilliance.

• Gamespot/Gamefaqs. Always trust fellow gamers for reviews before 'professionals'. Www.gamefly.com also has good reviews. It reviews games itself, lets users review games, and lets you read gamespot and IGN reviews on the website so, really, just go there.

I personally like Gamespot, because they are free to join. They give better details and such. But, IGN is a great site too. I like them both.

Source(s): Gamespot account

IGN overall. Gamespot is paid by the publishers to give good reviews and IGN gives true reviews.

gamespot is way more reliable it has up to date reviews and news on all the games and has lots of cheats and hints. it is also very organized and easy to access

I prefer gamespot because aside from their score, it also shows you the score of other critics, including IGN, and their ratings average %. So you can compare.

I use IGN because the site is easier to navigate and they ar less biased. However, it cost money to join.

IGN is waaay better than gamespot

Source(s): ign.com gamespot.com