Can it be possible if you never worked at a certain job that on your tax papers that show your past employment

for the year show a place that you never worked at?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you want help - contact the Tax Advocate office near you. They know what to do, whom to contact, etc.

    Good luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    It is possible because some one could be using your SSN, ID theft has increased and many illegal are using SSN that of course don't belong to them. Also usage of Cell phones have increased and people use the cell phones everywhere and give personal information such as SSN, date of birth, address etc, and someone is probably sitting right next to you and writing all the information and using it as their own.

    IF you do have a W2 with information that is not yours then you should make a police report, contact the federal trade commission and the social security office. SS office will give you a letter of determination and remove the amount from your records,

    In turn all w2 are reported to IRS and then IRS send you a CP2000 for underreported income, at this time you must proof wages are yours by providing copies of police report, FTC report etc.

  • 1 decade ago

    You should seriously consider the possibility of an identify theft issue.

    Report the matter to the following locations:

    Social Security

    All 3 major credit reporting companies (Equifax, Experion & Trans Union).

    Also, it might be a good idea to check with your local State District Attorney's office and see what their procedure is. In some cases, filing a police report is required.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    That would be what we in the real world call a 'mistake'.

    Fix it with the tax office.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.