Is there more racism or sexism in the US?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Racism and sexism both fall under the discrimination umbrella..and as such they are all big problems in the US.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

k, being a white female i am most aware of sexism, but thinking about it i would have 2 say that there is more racism. it maybe that its just a lot more noticeable and easier to note the inequality.

classism is in my head as the actual ism that is hurting the society on the whole. its the classism that causes the lower middle and lower class to vent on each other bringing rise 2 a more visible rascist culture.

i have no idea if anyone is going 2 understand what i just wrote LOL

i'm not smart enuff 2 put it any other way.

k, i'll go now :o)

edit: k, it appears someone knew what the answer was supposed 2 b b4 the question was even asked.

• 1 decade ago

Sexism is more prevalent than racism today; yesterday it was just status quo...You often heard..not a job for a woman..and the glass ceiling didn't exist because the woman didn't get the entry level job in the first place. Men of all colors have surpassed women in the wage arena,,,so I say sexism prevails.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They're both big here because of the U.S. past.

Even though most of these things should have died off awhile ago people keep passing the last generations battles to the new ones.

Black people constantly bring up racism so it's impossible to forget about it. If they stopped talking about it, It would be alot less racism in the U.S. today.

Also I think its because the U.S. promotes fear and xenophobia and has more weak minded people than other countries.

Creating a never ending cycle of racism and sexism in the U.S.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Racism

• 1 decade ago

Sexism. Here in this area of the south, offices are still mail dominated and they don't judge women on job performance. They judge them on how good they look. Some women go to work showing a lot of cleavage just so that they can be an asset to the company lol. It is sad to say but, it is true.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Victimhood. People use racism and sexism as excuses for not excelling. Oprah is black and a woman and she is one of the richest people in America as well as one of the most popular.

• 1 decade ago

Sexism.

Non-whites got the vote LONG before women did.

• 1 decade ago

SEXISM

Source(s): 2008 Democratic Primary
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fatism : (

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.