can your brother/sister walk you down the isle INSTEAD of your parents even if there is no problems??

my mom is a cryer, and my dad does this uncomfortable back patting thing.

i'd only go with both parents, and it doesnt seem to pleasent,

so how much of an asshole would i look like if i went with my brother and sister instead???

would it be disrespectful to my dad who is paying for the wedding?? to not have him involved??

the only reason im saying brother and sister is so that i dont go alone and im not with people who are going to put me in a bad mood...

yes that is bridezilla'y but my mom is gonna be crying and ehh and my dad is going to be all uncomfortably awkward

Favorite Answer

On your wedding day you do what you and your future spouse want. Just calmly tell your family you chose to go a little less traditional and go with siblings instead. Involve them as much as you can. Put them in charge of something maybe. If they press you answer as honestly as you can keeping their feelings in mind.

Perfect solution:

Have your parents walk down the aisle directly in front of you while your brother and sister walk with you. It wouldn't offend anyone, and it would look like you wanted your whole family to give you away. Your mom can cry, your dad can pat her back, and you can feel comfortable with your siblings. When you get to the front and the officiant asks "Who gives this woman to this man?" All four of them can say, "We, her family do."

Edit: Or have an extra wide aisle. Your mother on your extreme left, your brother, you, your sister, your father.

If your dad has been a good father, it would be terribly disrespectful if you didn't have him walk you down the aisle. He won't be able to do any back patting since you will be holding on to his arm.

Mothers always cry when their children are getting married! Have her be seated and you walk down the aisle with your dad. You will be glad you did in the years to come.

I think it would be bad to select your sibling over your parents. That gives the unfortunate message that you are embarassed by them.

If you absolutely can't deal with the crying and back-patting, walk up the aisle yourself. Tell the world you are making a statement.

• Reba

I would think that you could endure a few tears from your mom and some patting from your dad after all this is a big day for them too. Is it really worth hurting their feelings? You are the bride and you can do what you want, but I would think you were being a jerk personally.

wow you are an incredibly ungrateful, selfish, self-absorbed jerk...when I have kids I hope they turn out to be NOTHING like you.

it's your wedding,do what you want