does anyone think the posthumous albums are just for record labels to make money?

A posthumous album is if a artist passed away and had material they did not released or just songs but with diffrent artists

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No. I think that they are released to give the fans what the late artist wanted - expressions of their creativity.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, the material was unreleased for a reason, because the artist didnt want to put it out, but the record company decided to put it out anyway, so they can make some more money

• 1 decade ago

yes. in most cases. for example biggie the duets. where diddy just took verses from classic biggie songs and remix them. if something is classic there is no need for a remix.

but if it was original biggie material that was worth hearing then yes. but any thing a record label release is for money.

• 1 decade ago

Definitely if they are attaching beats to them and pairing them with rappers who hadn't even had a track before they died but if it's material that's been lost or archived then i think they are ok.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i think a lot of them are like when they make entire albums just to put one new song out or when they make "the very best of..." albums

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.