Steph asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

Insurance help please!!!!!!?

I just found out that I need to get braces and surgery on my jaw but my insurance doesn't cover any of that....please help by telling me of good insurances that pay for some dental fees and surgery! Thx!

Favorite Answer

I don't know of any private dental plans that pay out more than they cost. And I've looked. Between waiting periods and deductibles, the monthly premium will most likely be more than the coverage amount.

Source(s): agent, 21+ years

It sounds like you may have been diagnosed with TMJ from reading that you need braces and surgery. TMJ is usually not covered as detailed in the 'exclusions' section of the booklet that was sent to you when you first obtained the insurance. I would check with the insurance department of your state to see if there are any state mandates in which TMJ has been deemed eligible for benefits. If it is, then you can appeal the decision not to cover with your insurance carrier. It is a long process but well worth it if you can get it covered. Good luck!

Unfortunately a good dental plan will have a pre-existing waiting period for surgery, and the usual maximum orthodontic pay out in a lifetime would be $1000.

Source(s): Independent Life & Health Broker