I want to transfer next year... 10 points to the best answer!!?

I currently attend a community college and am applying to universities this november. My number 1 choice is UCLA. I have a 3.8 gpa but I don't have any extracurricular activities that I'm involved with because I also work full-time and have 2 young children. I spoke to the UCLA rep at my school and she told me that extracurricular is not required because they know that community college students have additional responsibilities but really what do you think my chances are to getting in. I will have all the requirement needed to transfer including the IGETC and the courses for my major.

• jb
    Favorite Answer

If you're coming from a CA community college I think you would surely get into most majors easily with IGETC. The only issues I could see is if you wanted an engineering major and your low grades were math. But a 3.8 with two small kids means you can really juggle and they'll love that!