alicia s asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What happens if you swallow one of these?

you know those things that you buy at walgreens and theyre like little shapes and when you put them in water they grow to be like 400 times the original size? My baby may or may not have swallowed one.. What is going to happen?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Edie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Please call your baby's pediatrician. He or she may want to see the baby before the object becomes large enough to obstruct. Better yet, don't waste time with phone calls (or the computer!). Take the baby to the emergency room.

• 1 decade ago

Not sure, but you may want to call your pediatrician. Or if your insurance has it call the nurse help line on there. More than likely though your baby will probably just poop it out. That has always been the experience I have seen from working in an ER.

• 1 decade ago

Take your baby to a doctor, MRI or X' Ray must be done right away to see if it is the case.

But otherwise watch the baby, if possible ask the child, see what the child say, throw away such items, do not keep them do not let a baby alone even for a second, with such items.

• 1 decade ago

Take her to the emergency room now! There are chemicals in those things that are not child friendly hon, do not wait around for what might happen. Your childs life is too important. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ~Me~
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Take your baby to the Dr. NOW! Dont take a chance on what could happen! Why are you asking us and not already at the Dr.?

• 1 decade ago

do not worry your baby will be fine because the baby's stomach is very tough and the fluid acid can decompose any item that is why the poop so much !!!

but even though your baby will be fine you should take him to a check up with your doctor but if you are thinking that your baby's belly is going to turn up 400x bigger than it should be you are most definitely wrong!!!!

PS. if he didn't swallow it yahoooooooooo!!!!

hahahaha

(but seriously take him to a doctor even if he loOKs ok!)

• 1 decade ago

i would go to the doctors imediately.

the pill thingy wont grow im sure because our human stomach acids will probably dissolve it but the harsh chemicals used for the plastic covering may be harmful.

• 1 decade ago

i would call the poison control center and ask them.1-800-222-1222 is there number.

• 1 decade ago

Emergency room...NOW!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.