I want to make my dad dinner for his bday. Any ideas?

My dad's birthday is next week and he usually does all the cooking in the house. For his birthday I'd like to make him dinner. But I am not a very good cook...well it's not that I'm not a good cook it's just that I don't know alot of things to make. I'm more of a mac and cheese type of cook :)

So do you have any ideas on things that I can make that are fairly simple but are nice? Thanks so much!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

pasta! almost any form of pasta is easy to make and tastes great, just work out his fav type and ur set

• 1 decade ago

Dear Miss

You can make him a sausage chicken and shrimp gumbo

You take and buy the chicken with out bones and the shrimp already piled also buy savoie's real Cajun instant roux and gravy thicker when you buy the sausage pick out if you want hot are the mild kind OK. add onions green yellow white bay leaves parsley hot sauce for a light kick Darken the roux to a light brown but do not burn it add water after boil chicken until cooked then add the onions sausage and shrimp let cook 3 hours cook rice make hot rolls and a potato salad and a dessert and you are all set.

Are you can make make sausage jumbo lire

cook 3 pounds of sausage lightly brown it cook rice add the spice's that you want put them together and bake in the oven for 2 hours until lightly brown at 375 it all depends on your oven and where you live at it is like a casserole

• 1 decade ago

My idea is to make it simple and at the same time, something that is impressive to the eyes. If you ever watch Food Network, they do this all the time.

You might try getting some salmon filets, brush some olive oil on it, put your choice of spices on it. Put in the oven at about 375 for 20 min. Then get your choice of some nice side items that compliment your main dish. Good luck.

• Dads like meat and potatoes and the easiest thing is steak on the grill. Doesn't take long either. You can make corn on the cob which is way easy . If you poke holes in a medium potato you can even "bake" it in your microwave. So steak, potatoes, corn and for dessert get some really good ice cream to go with the cake...like Ben and Jerrys peach Cobbler. mmmmmmmmmm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

rooster on the grill is a large uncomplicated and finances oiented meat. in case you do corn on the cob on the grill i hit upon the main suitable way is go away the husks on and placed the without postpone o the grill. This leaves all of the juices and moisture interior the cob and chefs swifter, and likewise can't get burnt. A potatoe salad is going rather properly with rooster or basically grill some baked potatoes. you additionally could make up skewers the night before and enable them to marinade over night. the two purple meat, rooster or steak skewers or all of the above. Invite me.....i'm going to do the cookig and prep for you. hehehe! good success, and desire the B-Day is a fulfillment.

• hmm.... i honestly find breakfast the easiest thing to make. that's what i made my mom for her birthday last week.

for dinner... i have two options:

~order take out from his favorite restaurant

~i think yahoo has a lot of simple recipes and you could try out something from there. you could make a pasta, grill chicken, make a stir fry, simple stuff. whatever you do, he'll be happy and grateful for what you did.

good luck, have fun, and i hope i was some help :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a green salad, pasta and cheesy garlic bread :)

Three Cheese Green Salad

INGREDIENTS:

1 large head leaf lettuce -

rinsed, dried and torn into bite-

size pieces

1 cup cubed Swiss cheese

1 cup crumbled feta cheese

1 cup shredded Parmesan

cheese 1 cup toasted pecan pieces

1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

1 tablespoon freshly ground

black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine lettuce, Swiss cheese, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and pecans in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Add dressing to salad and toss well

Creamy Stuffed Shells

INGREDIENTS:

1 (12 ounce) package jumbo

pasta shells

3 pounds ground beef

2 eggs, lightly beaten

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 teaspoons minced garlic

2 teaspoons garlic salt 2 teaspoons parsley

1 (8 ounce) package cream

cheese, at room temperature

1 1/2 (14 ounce) jars pasta

sauce

1/2 cup freshly grated Romano

cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place shell pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.

2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.

3. Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and mix in eggs, oil, garlic, garlic salt, and parsley. Cook until beef is evenly brown. Transfer to a large bowl, and mix with cream cheese and 1 cup pasta sauce.

4. Stuff the cooked pasta shells with the beef mixture, and arrange in the prepared baking dish. Cover evenly with the remaining sauce.

5. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly. Sprinkle with Romano cheese just before serving.

Toasted Garlic Bread

INGREDIENTS:

1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread

5 tablespoons butter, softened

2 teaspoons extra virgin olive

oil

3 cloves garlic, crushed 1 teaspoon dried oregano

salt and pepper to taste

1 cup shredded mozzarella

cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the broiler.

2. Cut the bread into slices 1 to 2 inches thick.

3. In a small bowl, mix butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture evenly on the bread slices.

4. On a medium baking sheet, arrange the slices evenly and broil 5 minutes, or until slightly brown. Check frequently so they do not burn.

5. Remove from broiler. Top with cheese and return to broiler 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown and melted. Serve at once.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think this will be a good dinner for your dad, fried pork chops, macaroni and cheese and some creamed corn, with some grape kool-aid on the side, i think he will enjoy this dinner.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.