Did anyone take a couple or a few years from the working world to just go to college?

It was really tough to do both work and college. I decided to live with my parents when I went back to college last fall, I'm currently not working while I go to college. I tried doing both work and college and it was almost impossible. I also like the extra time to really learn things this time around.

Favorite Answer

Everyone is different. I guess I make it work because i need the money I go to school full-time and work full-time and have 2 children and maintain a 3.8 gpa however when I transfer to a university I do plan to quit my job. Good luck to you if you are able to do it then it's much better.

This fall will be my fifth year in college. I have worked since I was 14 years old, and I feel that if I didn't work while I was in school I would have no money therefore I could not survive. Even with a job, my parents are still helping me out. You obviously wouldn't be able to have a full time job while going to school, but 20 hours a week would help even if you only worked somewhere on the weekends. Hope this helps! :)

Nope. But I only made it a year and a half. Didn't go back until I was 40. So, I'd say you made a good decision for you. peace

no....i've not worked yet.