B S asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

why is netball not an olympic sport?

i fiind it funny how a very good popular sport like netball isnt included in the games and yet something as stupid like volleyball is!?!?!? (i know some people like it but in my opinion it should never be included in the games as it is a meaningless sport and is a joke) so if volleyball then why the hell isnt netball?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ok Netball may be popular in the COMMONWEALTH Nations after that it it's not played or known at all. Look at the facts game is only part of the Commonwealth games not Pan American, Asian, Pan African and even World Games as host Taiwan 2009 viewed it as cost burden and not high enough level of interest.

Other strike is only women play the sport.

So that begs the question if Netball can't even make World Games the Olympics for non Olympic sports how do you expect it to be in the Olympics.

Volleyball is obviously not your cup of tea I would remind you it's played throughout most of the world and enjoys a high level of universality. Asia you have top level volleyball being played in China and Japan. South America you have Brazil where sport is very much loved and they even have a pro league. Cuba and USA are top national programs in North America. In Europe you have Italy and throughout Eastern Europe Serbia, Russia, Poland and Bulgaria.Many of these countries also have pro leagues as well.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=1084/b...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=1083/b...

At most of the Olympics indoor volleyball games have done well with ticket buying spectators and a great atmosphere especially for the medal round games. Beach Volleyball has also proven popular as a spectator sport.

• 4 years ago

Is Netball An Olympic Sport

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why is netball not an olympic sport?

i fiind it funny how a very good popular sport like netball isnt included in the games and yet something as stupid like volleyball is!?!?!? (i know some people like it but in my opinion it should never be included in the games as it is a meaningless sport and is a joke) so if volleyball then why...

Source(s): netball olympic sport: https://biturl.im/CHfWn
  • jobees
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I not sure as it played in many countries around the world.

And region in the world.

It would be ahead of American football as far as country played in.

In Australia it taken over basketball.

And I SEEN GREAT GAMES AUSTRALIA VS NEW ZEALAND

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

not many people around the world play it. The same thing is with cricket. Cricket is a stupid fu _cking sport and is pointless and that is why it isnt an olympic sport, no demand for it. Plus nobody would watch it.

• 1 decade ago

because it is a game not a sport

• 1 decade ago

it's not cool enough

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.