what health problems will come with breeding a 74 pound pit bull with a 10 pound chihuahua?

the girl had a litter of pure breds and this is the boys first litter

the girl is the pit bull boy is the chihuahua

pLZ LET ME KNOW

and if you have any pics of a chihuahua pit bull mix please let me know

Favorite Answer

asking the question AFTER breeding these two dogs is HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE! You should neuter and spay these two.

I'd expect a medium size dog with bad attitude. -!-

im not tryiny to insult chihuahua owners in the slightest as we all are drawn to different dogs,,but chihuahua s along with a lot of the smaller breeds can tend to be snappy.,

many times have heard it said that if a big dog had temperment of some of the smaller dogs. we should be worried,

now can you imagine the temperment of the chihuahua,in the strenght and build of the pit bull.

maybe some professional breeders on here, will have a lot more knowledge than me and i could be wrong, but have heard pups take on the mothers appearence and the dads temperment as a general rule,,,those of you doing this for a long time can correct me on this,,,,,,as i said nothing against small dogs, have owned them,and they can sometimes be a little more fiesty, than the larger breeds tend to be,,,and i would not deliberatly mix with a larger stronger breed like the pitbull---

Edit- Isabella J, those are some pretty sobering statistics.

and pretty frightening,

answers the question-what difference will just one more litter make????? thank-u

Source(s): more than my fair share of ankles nipped by the little ones,,,

Most shelters in my area are filled with poorly bred Pit Bull mixes who are aggressive, have fear issues, or need some sort of special care. Basically, they're too much work for the average owner and therefore nobody wants them. There are actually very few Chihuahua mixes in my local shelters. However, the ones that are dropped off, the owners usually say they're very aggressive or "bitey", yappy, impossible to train, etc.

umm only breed dogs if you actually need the pups for like pulling sleds, not to be sold cuz you cant keep 5-7 pups = the parents

• Beulah

Well to get pups from such a combination would I believe require artificial insemination (expensive) as the size difference is to great for a mating to be feasible.

okay....so you wanna combine the attitude of a chihuahua with the speed and power of a pitbull??? I predict a lawsuit.

It will be a mutt, and there's no way to predict much of anything about mutts. I agree with the many others here who are pretty sure you will have a litter of temperamental nightmares on your hands.

Source(s): Rescuer, vet tech, groomer and show exhibitor of Shetland sheepdogs for 20 years.

Please get your dogs spayed and neutered.

Many people enjoy the companionship of cats and dogs, who were domesticated thousands of years ago. Over time, people have manipulated animal breeding to produce certain physical characteristics, resulting in the different types of cats and dogs we know today. But domestication took these animals out of their natural environment, and their reproduction is no longer regulated by predators or habitat. The result is an overpopulation crisis that can only be controlled through widespread spaying and neutering.

One unspayed dog and her offspring can lead to 67,000 dogs in six years. One unspayed cat and her offspring can produce 420,000 cats in seven years. Approximately 70,000 puppies and kittens are born in the United States each day. Some of them are born to breeders who sell animals for a profit, some are born to people who want their cat or dog to have the “experience” of having a litter or who want their children to witness the “miracle of life,” and some result from allowing fertile animals to roam freely and mate.

Get your dogs fixed. ASAP there is not reason from heaven to the 13 lvls of hell to make such a mutt. Get your dogs fixed

You are joking, right?

Be a responsible pet owner. Get them fixed or keep them apart!